Hufcor® is excited to launch our new dynamic Revit® families for the 600 Series operable partitions. Our newly produced families were developed in conjunction with Eppstein Uhen Architects, Inc., Milwaukee, WI and beta tested by a team of architects prior to launch to ensure the families meet the ever-changing needs of the AEC community. The new Hufcor Revit families eliminate the major downsides found with current movable partition BIM objects available in the market today and enhance the way architects can quickly incorporate critical elements of an operable partition within a model.
Hufcor’s new “smarter” BIM Revit families includes:
- Dynamic, wall-to-wall object placement allowing designers to modify the size of the partition without having to download another family or get “broken” objects.
- The “smarter” BIM families will automatically calculate and model operable partition storage pocket dimensions with and without pocket doors
- The Revit families allow “on the fly” application of accessories (pass doors, marker boards, pocket doors, window lites, etc.)
- The Hufcor BIM file sizes average less than 700kb making them “extremely light,” nearly 66% – 75% smaller than current BIM content from other typical op wall suppliers
- Architects can embed links to Hufcor’s online specifications and MasterSpec® subscribers can set up links directly within each Revit family to a corresponding Hufcor 600 Series Product MasterSpec and SpecAgent® file to incorporate a formated specification consistent with your Revit model.
For more details, please watch a video demonstration of how these new Hufcor 600 Series operable partition Revit families are truly the next generation of dynamic Revit content.
Hufcor beta testers were really wonderful in improving functionality that architects really desire. Here’s what beta users are saying:
“Wow, I’ve only played around a little so far – but these are really nice.. been waiting for something like this for YEARS”
“Perhaps the most important feature for me is the ability to adjust panel width/number of panels so we can manipulate the pocket proportion. Nice work!”
If you’d like us to email you the new Hufcor “smarter” BIM Revit families click here.
Hufcor distributors can assist you as well in designing your operable partitions and receiving the new BIM revit drawings. Certainly, the Hufcor 600 Series partitions are exported throughout the world for major projects requiring very tall panels. Yet, for architects outside the United States, the Hufcor 600 Series product and new Revit families may not be available or applicable for your specific project. To contact the local representative and to find the quality Hufcor products manufactured in your region, please click here.
Building Information Modeling’s future depends of higher performing content that doesn’t take up massive file sizes. Hufcor’s development team spent painstaking time in programming the new Revit families to provide efficient file sizes. Architects that have had previews of the drawings have all raved about how small the files are to work with, even when dealing with large, complicated case studies like the one shown below.
With the new BIM Revit families, the Hufcor, Inc. design team can assist architects developing complicated layouts with many of the traditional accessories items required on a project – pass doors, panic hardware, marker boards, field-applied face finishes, etc.
With all of the built-in functionality, we hope you too share Hufcor’s excitement with our new BIM Revit families for the 600 Series operable partitions.